About us and the role
Join our team as a Project & Communications Manager! In this exciting role, you'll be at the forefront of shaping and implementing impactful communication strategies to engage stakeholders across our community, including staff, students, parents, and external partners. Your responsibilities will extend to managing internal and external communications, conducting comprehensive research to inform decision-making, and presenting your findings to senior management. Get ready to showcase your event planning expertise by organising and executing a diverse range of activities, from academic conferences to cultural programs and fundraising initiatives.
If you're passionate about driving effective communication, conducting insightful research, and orchestrating successful events while leading general project management efforts, we invite you to bring your skills to our collaborative and innovative team. Join us and be a key player in advancing our mission and initiatives, including new schools, change management, and ethos-related projects!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust with schools based in London, the Midlands and the Southwest of England. Avanti’s purpose is to inspire spiritually compassionate changemakers. Our ethos, the Avanti Way, extends to pupils, staff and parents. All Avanti schools provide pupils with an outstanding education rooted in the inclusive and distinctive Avanti Schools ethos of educational excellence, character development, and spiritual insight.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to engage stakeholders.
- Manage internal communications for clarity and consistency across platforms and departments.
- Oversee external communications, including press releases and social media content.
- Conduct comprehensive research to support project development and decision-making.
- Plan, organise, and execute various events, ensuring smooth logistics and high-quality execution.
- Lead and oversee multiple projects, ensuring timely delivery within budget and desired quality standards.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- NEST pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- eligible for NUS Card and CSSC membership
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
plus many more!
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Education, or a related field
- Significant experience in communications or project management, ideally within an educational or non-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing communications and public relations
- Proven track record in organising and managing events.
- Experience in conducting and applying research for organisational development
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.