About us and the role
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dedicated KS1 Teacher. The ideal candidate will be passionate about teaching to the highest standard, committed to maintaining a healthy, comfortable environment, and can develop their practice in the school.
Avanti Court Primary School is a faith designated (Hindu) state school. Staff and students at the school do not originate from any specific faith background and applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none.
The staff at Avanti Court Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our pupils. All staff that work at our school subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our children. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both children and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our children to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our staff to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment, we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all children enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
What will you do?
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Establish a safe, purposeful and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight
- great opportunities for professional development
- Teacher pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle-to-work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
plus many more!
What are we looking for?
- Genuine passion for lifelong learning
- A belief in the unique potential of every student
- Able to self-start, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team- whether led or leading
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain a high-quality teaching and learning
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Court Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.