Please notes interviews for this position will commence on Thursday 29th February 2024
About us and the role
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the Leicester site team.
Are you practical, can you turn your hand to most things, good at solving problems, able to use your own initiative, have good people skills, have high standards for health and safety and a clean and organised environment?
Are you a can-do person who is reliable, hardworking, patient, well organised, self-motivated, takes pride in their work, and has a sense of humour?
Then we need YOU!
We need an exceptional person as our Area Site Manager to join our team in Leicester who will support ensuring the site and premises are safe, secure and well organised so that our children have the very best learning environment.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop the school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Why should you apply
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
You will be working in a fantastic environment, with:
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation, and Spiritual Insight
- Great opportunities for professional development
- NEST pension scheme subject to eligibility criteria
- O2 discounts
- NUS Card
- Specsavers corporate eye test vouchers
- Access to multiple well-being programmes
- Cycle to work and Electric Vehicle Lease Schemes
Plus many more!
What will you do?
- Ensure that all facilities across multiple schools within the designated geographical area are well-maintained and meet the required standards.
- Oversee the work of Senior Premises Officers and other staff members to ensure that work is completed to a high standard.
- Identify areas for improvement and develop and implement plans to improve the quality of facilities across multiple schools within the designated geographical area.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, as well as any other relevant legislation, and ensure that health and safety reporting is occurring.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a facilities management or similar role.
- Experience managing multiple sites within a specific geographical area.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety regulations and other relevant legislation.
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.